The GSPre is the nerve center of a system – not only directing signals and providing attenuation, but also interpreting and deciphering complex signals to create a musical story with the drama and intrigue befitting your favorite songs.
The job of a preamplifier is to do its work discretely, leaving the musical signal with as little signature as possible yet still unraveling the chapters that comprise the lyrical narratives of the source material. With decades of expertise creating some of the finest preamplifiers ever produced, the GSPre is certain to continue the legacy on which Audio Research has built its reputation.
• Stereo Vacuum tube Line and Phono preamplifier with Headphone amplifier in one attractive package.
• Pure Class-A differential amplifiers in the Line stages, no feedback.
• Pure Class-A SE amplifiers in the Phono stages, no feedback.
• VF display with Blue LED's for Phono Loads and mode selected, and rotating Volume & Input Select encoder.
• Hand held IR Remote and RS-232 and remote IR inputs for whole home audio system.
• Balance and SE input/output.
• 7 levels of voltage regulation and a low noise R-core power transformer.
• Phono stage features low noise JFET inputs and 6H30 outputs as well as programmable loading.
• Line stage features low noise JFET inputs and 2 parallel 6H30 outputs.
• Features custom designed coupling capacitors in the line and phono stages.
• +12v trigger output to turn on power amplifier and other system components.
• Low distortion vacuum tube headphone amplifier designed for driving a wide impedance range, 30-300 ohms.
• Removable 15A IEC power cord.
line: +/-.3dB 2Hz to 80kHz; : -3dB 0.8Hz to 220KHz
Phono: +/- 0.1dB of RIAA 10Hz to 20KHz, +/-0.4dB 5Hz to 80KHz
Headphone: +/-0.05dB 20Hz to 20KHz; : -3dB 0.8Hz to 220KHz
THD+N @ 1KHZ
line: <.002% at 2V RMS, Bal output
Phono: <.005% at 3V RMS output, to Record output
Headphone: <.009% at 1V RMS output
GAIN @ 1KHZ
line: 13.8 dB, Processor: 0dB
Phono: 58dB @ 1KHz to Record output
line: <-101dBV volume at max.
Phono: <-77dBV to Record output
Headphone: <-88dBV volume at max.
CHANNEL SEPARATION @ 1KHZZZ
line: > 75dB Balanced output
Phono: >70dB to Record output
SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO @ 1KHZ, A-WEIGHTED
line: >125dB Balanced output
Phono: >94dB to Record output
150K ohms Balanced, 75K ohms SE; Phono impedance programmable (100, 200, 500, 1000 or 47K ohms w/200pf unbalanced)
OUTPUT IMPEDANCE @ 1KHZ
500 ohms Balanced, 250 ohms SE; <.05 ohms Headphone SE.
line: 12V RMS Balanced, 6.0V RMS SE.
Phono: 11mV RMS at 1KHz.
line: 2V RMS (1V RMS SE) into 200K ohms balanced load (maximum balanced output capability is 15V RMS at less than .5% THD+N at 1KHz.)
Phono: 0.5V RMS into 200K load, Max output same as Line stage.
Headphone: 6V RMS maximum into 30 to 300 ohm load.
Volume, Input Selector.
5 Push Buttons: Power, Mute, SPKR Off, Mono, Menu.
Rear; RS-232 control, Remote IR input & Remote Trigger out.
Electronically regulated low and high voltage supplies.
Automatic 45 sec. warm-up & brown-out mute.
Line regulation better than .01%.
(6) 6H30P dual triodes.
100-125VAC 60HZ (200-250VAC 50/60Hz) 105 Watts. Standby: 1.5 Watts.